Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Dotticure

Ello!

Okay, so, THIS POST....grrr...if you follow me on twitter then you might already know about this but if not you can follow me here (; But so I went to edit the photos for this post last night only to find that I forgot to transfer the photos from my memory card to my computer. I was hoping that they were still on my memory card but I deleted photos off of it to make more room, so I had to redo the nails, photo them, edit the photos, and write this post....at 3am.....#dedication

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, vintage, retro, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

It's a good thing that I liked these nails the first time around because I did exactly the same thing this time around haha!




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, vintage, retro, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

Here's what I used:

Today's nails are my recreation of this pattern by Georgiana Paraschiv. I love the almost dated feel of the pattern with the washed out brown dots.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, vintage, retro, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

I started these nails with 3 coats of My Vampire Is Buff. Then using one of my bigger dotting tools, I added the brown dots with Vera. When the bigger dots had dried a bit, I used a small detail brush and Black Out to dab on the black spots. The detail brush was able to mimic the irregular dots like in the original pattern.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, vintage, retro, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

These nails are different for me since they aren't brightly colored or glittery but I like these. I'm glad that I get to wear this design again haha!

Here's the challenge graphic:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







8 comments:

  1. These totally remind me of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting looking dotticure! Like Sarah said, it totally reminds me of cookies too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Choc chip cookies was my first thought... now I want some...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a horror story! Glad you were able to recreate the look and get it ready in time. The results are worth the pain, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha yeah, it's a good thing that I already have a bad sleep schedule! Thanks (:

    ReplyDelete