Thursday, July 24, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Recreate Your First Four Designs - Week 4

Ello!

I'm back with my last post for the Nail Challenge Collaborative! I'm actually kind of sad to wrap up this theme because I really liked it! It's been fun to go back and recreate my first designs, seeing the improvement is a nice confidence boost. 

Anyhoo, onto the nails!

This is probably my favorite recreation of the month!






Here's what I used:

I think my favorite thing about the recreation is that I finally found a better nude polish for my skin tone! This was my first time using Taylor but I think it's going to become one of my go-tos.


These nails started with 2 coats of their respective polish. While the purple polish was still wet, I placed a rhinestone. The roses were freehanded on with a small detail brush.


Here's a comparison photo:

I think this recreation shows the most improvement out of all the NCC posts I did this month. The roses look so much better along with the photos! This is definitely a happy post for me (:

Thanks for reading guys! Stay tuned for next month's theme, it's going to be a fun one!

-Marisa! (:








6 comments:

  1. Love this! I think that using different shades of purple and green really add realistic dimension to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Pretty roses and indeed that nude suits you well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your roses have definitely come a long way! I agree, this is beautiful. The original was lovely too, but you can definitely see overall technique is more polished now. err... no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thank you so much for the nice words and the pun! (:

    ReplyDelete