Saturday, July 19, 2014

Indie Saturdays: Fandom Cosmetics - Broken Chameleon Circuit + Allons-y

Ello!

I'm also going to show you guys more swatches from my Fandom Cosmetics collection! Last week I showed you part 1 of the Doctor Who collection and today I'm showing you guys part 2.

*All swatches shown with 1 coat of HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat

Onto the nails!
broken chameleon circuit, brown, blue, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

This first polish is called Broken Chameleon Circuit!




broken chameleon circuit, brown, blue, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

This is one coat of Broken Chameleon Circuit over 2 coats of OPI's You Don't Know Jacques. The polish is made up of all blue glitters in either large circles or medium sized hexes. I did find that dabbing the glitter on worked better than normal brushstrokes and I did have to fish a bit for the larger circles but they do lay completely flat!

broken chameleon circuit, brown, blue, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

Looking at the bottle, I was worried that I would find this polish boring since it's all one color but I think it's nice. I wish that there were more shapes in the mix to make it a little bit more interesting or maybe there just needs to be more circle glitter. I'm loving the blue glitter over the brown polish though!

Next up is Allons-y!
allons-y, 10th doctor, green, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

Allons-y is a glitter topper with turquoise/aqua-ish and silver hex glitters! I'm showing you guys one dabbed on coat over Julep's Francis. Again, I found it easier to dab and spread the glitter on because it likes to clump together.

allons-y, 10th doctor, green, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

I think this polish is fun! I mean it's inspired by the 10th Doctor, obviously I'm going to like it! Duh. I  just wish that there was some variation in the sizes of the glitters. I prefer more complex glitter mixes for my polishes but some people might like the simpler glitters. Let me know which you prefer!

allons-y, 10th doctor, green, nails, nail polish, indie polish, indie nail polish, glitter, hey darling polish, fandom cosmetics, doctor who,

Here are some macros:

Both of these polishes are available for purchase! One full-sized polish costs $8.95 but I noticed today that you can buy half-sized bottles, which might be good if you want to try a bunch of different ones. Those retail for $4.50 each. Here are some links:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






2 comments: