Thursday, July 3, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Lavender

Hello lovelies!

I survived yesterday therefore you get blog posts! The show was absolutely amazing but I'll save talking about it till next week since I combined my concert nails with a challenge theme (sneaky sneaky, eh?). Only downside is that I didn't get home till 2am....Welp.

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, lavander, yellow, pattern, oh mon dieu, hey darling polish, free hand

I bet you've never seen jellyfish/cotton candy/lavender nail art before! Look at me being all fancy and inventing things (;



nails, nail art, nail polish, lavander, yellow, pattern, oh mon dieu, hey darling polish, free hand

Here's what I used:

This was another "I'm not exactly sure what that color is supposed to look like so I'm just going to grab a bunch of random bottles of polish and hope they look right" theme for me. Guys, I really think I'm nailing this challenge!.....

nails, nail art, nail polish, lavander, yellow, pattern, oh mon dieu, hey darling polish, free hand

Again while searching for inspiration I searched by color and came across this lavender pattern on Pinterest. The original pattern is beautiful and mine looks nothing like it. The little flowers were hard to paint because nail polish gets thick and it likes to clump together. This might have turned out better if I had tried acrylic paint.

nails, nail art, nail polish, lavander, yellow, pattern, oh mon dieu, hey darling polish, free hand

These nails aren't really something that I would typically attempt and I'm not thrilled with the results but it's alright. There's still 28 more days of this challenge to create something awesome!

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song:
Fall Out Boy - Saturday

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







6 comments: