Sunday, July 13, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Ikat

Hello lovelies!

Thank you to everyone who left a nice comment yesterday! You guys are great! I'm terribly behind on replying back to comments and reading blogs /: Sorry! But I'm hoping to get caught up tomorrow since I have the day off.....and no plans....

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, ikat, pahlish, indie polish, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

This is my first attempt at ikat nails and I'm really liking this design!




nails, nail art, nail polish, ikat, pahlish, indie polish, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

Here's what I used:

I've really been loving my Pahlish polishes lately! It might be because I've been too lazy to catalog them and they've been sitting out since they came in the mail....maybe....probably not....I'm always on top of things....shhhhhh....

nails, nail art, nail polish, ikat, pahlish, indie polish, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

Today's nails started with 2 coats of The Oldest Question and some topcoat. Then using the ikat tutorial from Nails by Kayla Shevonne and a small detail brush, I painted on my white triangle-y shapes. I then added the rough turquoise triangles followed by the black outlines. The design is surprisingly, pretty simple to do!

nails, nail art, nail polish, ikat, pahlish, indie polish, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

I've never really been on the ikat band wagon before but after seeing it on my nails, I really love it! This design is really funky and fun, and I like it over an interesting base polish. You'll most definitely see more of this on the blog!

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song:
The Bigger Lights - Jessie

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





12 comments:

  1. Lovely job on the design, and I am oohing over that Pahlish base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I still have to start on my Ikat... also my first and I have no clue which polishes I'm going to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ikat nails! I like the blue, white and black combination you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic colour combination! That Pahlish polish is so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I've really been loving Pahlish lately too (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I saw your post quickly, it looked great (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing - I love the colour combination! I cannot believe this is your first attempt at this design - it's so good! Your base colour is so pretty too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to do an Ikat nails, lol... I like yours, its great. And I love your blog hun... I love the presentation and the look of it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!! I didn't realize how easy these are too do haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Give it go! It's pretty easy! And thank you so much, that means a lot<3

    ReplyDelete