Friday, July 11, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Rainbow

Hello lovelies!

Okay, so random question but have any of you guys ever tried painting your nails in bed? If you have, teach me your ways! My mom needed the table that I normally paint my nails and blog at for her garage sale this weekend and she's trying to sell our kitchen table....so, we don't have any tables in the house...which is why I'm trying to paint my nails in bed and failing miserably! #nailbloggerproblems?

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, rainbow, stripes, glitter, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

Today's theme is all about rainbows! I don't think I've ever done rainbow nails before so yay for new things (:



nails, nail art, nail polish, rainbow, stripes, glitter, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

Here's what I used:


And obviously rainbow nails are really just an excuse to wear ALL of the polishes at once. I mean why only wear one color when you can wear eight+ colors at the same time? Genius!

nails, nail art, nail polish, rainbow, stripes, glitter, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

Each nail started with 2 coats (3 on my middle finger) of their respective color and some topcoat. I based my color choices off of ROYGBIV so I picked the color that followed the base colors for my stripes. The stripes were freehanded on with a striping brush and sealed in with topcoat! My pinky just got a layer of glitter and topcoat.

nails, nail art, nail polish, rainbow, stripes, glitter, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux,

My photos are back to normal with this post too. I realized that I unknowingly had started moving my hand closer to my camera which was making the lighting harsh and my past couple of photos dark, but I fixed it! Woo, pretty nails and pretty pictures!

Here's the challenge graphics:

And a song for today:
The All-American Rejects - Swing, Swing

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








12 comments:

  1. Lovely rainbow. I used to paint my nails in bed all the time. You don't get very neat results and have to do a lot of clean up afterwards. I hold the bottle between my knees and put my hands on my thigh or I use a big old sturdy book for support.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are nice! I'm really liking all the colorful stripes here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look! I've never tried painting my nails on my bed before, I wouldn't see it ending well! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! And no painting in bed here, hubby would not allow it. I use my desk ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the funky color combo !

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh and to answer your ques- i paint my nails while laying down on the couch all the time! works fine for base colors. but i have to sit up for the nail art part lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I painted my nails on my bed for a really long time! I used a sturdy cardboard storage box as my surface, works pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! I tried using an old laptop box but slowly after time I just ended up slouching down further and further haha. Luckily, I was only doing a glitter gradient so it wasn't too too messy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! It was such a struggle haha, I didn't spill any polish though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha smart man! I've been asking for my table back but keep getting told no -_-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! And how?! Teach me your ways haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww man, I could hardly manage it even with a box haha!

    ReplyDelete