Monday, July 28, 2014

Lacquer Legion: Fandom

Ello!

I have another post for you guys today! This one's for the Lacquer Legion!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, harry potter, harry potter nail art, stripes, indie polish, lucky 13 lacquer, hey darling polish, lacquer legion

This month's theme is "fandom" and look, I did something other than Doctor Who nails. This time I did Harry Potter nails!




nails, nail art, nail polish, harry potter, harry potter nail art, stripes, indie polish, lucky 13 lacquer, hey darling polish, lacquer legion

Here's what I used:


These nails were the perfect excuse to use my Harry Potter polishes from Lucky 13 Lacquer! This was actually the collection that got me into buying L13L polishes, and now I own a ton of them...whoops....(;

nails, nail art, nail polish, harry potter, harry potter nail art, stripes, indie polish, lucky 13 lacquer, hey darling polish, lacquer legion

All of the nails started with 2 coats of their base polish except for my index finger which got 3 coats. I then used some straight Nail Vinyls to mark off the stripes, and applied 1 thick of coat of each indie over the base polish. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, harry potter, harry potter nail art, stripes, indie polish, lucky 13 lacquer, hey darling polish, lacquer legion

These nails were inspired by the different scarves for each of the Houses. I'm sure it's been done before but I wanted an excuse to use all of my L13L  polishes. I really want to re-read and re-watch all of the movies now haha!

Here's the challenge graphic:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, my favourite is the ring finger. Love that yellow with black bits and the yellow stripes just match so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesome stripes! I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I didn't immediately realize the theme when I saw your design, and I love that about it: it's subtle, but still very recognizeable! You also used some very cool polishes here too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for HP! It's another fandom we have in common *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I think it's such an unique polish, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I like that haha! Aren't they lovely?! I love them (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww yay! High five for being awesome! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. *high fives*

    ReplyDelete