Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux - Abstract

Ello!

I caught up on all my blog reading! It took all day but I honestly had nothing better to do.....so yeah. I probably could have run some errands (aka I'm running out of acetone) but ehh,  my pajamas are comfy.

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, abstract, hey darling polish, camo, camo nails, oh mon dieu part deux

I really did not intend to paint camo-like nails today, it just kind of happened. Whoops!



nails, nail art, nail polish, abstract, hey darling polish, camo, camo nails, oh mon dieu part deux

Here's what I used:

These were nails that I started painting without an idea of what I was actually going to paint. All I knew was that I wanted to use a different color scheme than I usually do! I found this little color palette on Pinterest and tried using polishes to match it.

nails, nail art, nail polish, abstract, hey darling polish, camo, camo nails, oh mon dieu part deux

I started these nails with 2 coats of Echo Park. Then using a small detail brush, I just added little dashes to form blobs of color with the other colors. Sounds super technical, right? (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, abstract, hey darling polish, camo, camo nails, oh mon dieu part deux

I liked these nails! The color combination is nice and I like how the pattern came out. This was easy to paint on both hands too!

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song:
Ra Ra Riot - Dance With Love

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









6 comments:

  1. These look fantastic! i might have to give this design a try now. It kind of reminds me of camouflage nails but much more colorful and abstract.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Try it out, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this camo like mani, lovely colour scheme :)

    ReplyDelete