Monday, July 7, 2014

The Never Ending Pile Challenge: Granny Polish

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with another post for The Never Ending Pile Challenge! Can you believe that this is the last week? I probably should have kept track of how many untrieds I used....

Anyhoo, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, neutral, flowers, one stroke nail art, blue, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

Granny nails!



nails, nail art, nail polish, neutral, flowers, one stroke nail art, blue, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

Here's what I used:

My granny polish for today is Anne! I don't mind nude polishes but I don't like it when they have subtle shimmer in them, that to me is what makes this a granny polish. Anne is too yellow toned for my skin too so it doesn't look right on me. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, neutral, flowers, one stroke nail art, blue, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

These nails started with 3 coats of Anne and a layer of topcoat. After watching this one stroke tutorial video over at PiggieLuv (check her out if you haven't already, she's amazing!), I decided to giver it a go! I used white and blue acrylic paint and followed the steps in the video to blend the colors together. I struggled with getting the petals to actually look like petals though /: I finished these with some little vines, yellow dots for the centers, and another layer of topcoat.

nails, nail art, nail polish, neutral, flowers, one stroke nail art, blue, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

For my first attempt at this technique, I'm okay with the results! My flowers definitely need some work but I'll definitely try this again. I'll be using a different base next time around though haha (;

Here's the challenge graphic:

And another song for today:
Jane Decker - Favorite Little Dream (Acoustic)

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










2 comments: