Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Never Ending Pile Challenge: Dupe a Tried with an Untried

Ello!

I'm back with my post for the Never Ending Pile Challenge! This will be my last post with the challenge since it ends on Friday but I don't have a polish for the theme. I'm hearing reading rumors that the challenge will start back up in a couple of months with last posts a week. There's a good chance that my untried pile will be back to an unbelievable number by then so I'll probably partake again!

Anywho, onto more red nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, red, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

My short nails are really starting to grow on me (yep, I did the pun) when I have them covered with awesome patterns!




nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, red, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

Here's what I used:

The point of today's theme was to dupe a tried polish with an untried polish. I was convinced that Bloody Mary was a dupe for Sinful Color's Gogo Girl, which I blogged about earlier, but Bloody Mary is a bit darker and only takes 2 coats to be opaque!

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, red, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

These nails started with a quick search for patterns on Pinterest and 3 coats of My Vampire Is Buff. I fell in love with this floral pattern so it ended up on my nails! The flowers were painted on using a detail brush and the dots were all done with a small dotting tool. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, red, hey darling polish, the never ending pile challenge

Surprisingly, these nails really weren't all that difficult to paint and I was able to do both hands in a decent amount of time. Gotta love when that happens! I got quite a few compliments on these nails at work too (:

Here's the challenge graphic:

And another song:
The Killers - When You Were Young

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










8 comments: