Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Mint

Hello lovelies!

Today marks the start of the Oh Mon Dieu Part Deux challenge hosted by Crafty Nail, Brijits Digits, Eeeek! Nail Polish!, and Nail The Accent! I'll be trying to keep and post everyday for the month of July so except a lot of posts this month. You guys know that I can't say no to a challenge! MUST. DO. ALL. THE. CHALLENGES. No, but seriously, it'll be fun! 

Let's get onto the nails!
nails, nail ar,t nail polish, splatter nails, splatter, omd2, hey darling polish,

Why not start off a new challenge with a new nail art technique? This is my first attempt at splatter nails!




nails, nail ar,t nail polish, splatter nails, splatter, omd2, hey darling polish,

Here's what I used:

I always get nervous when a challenge calls for a specific shade of a color because I never know if the polish I chose is actually accurate. I know, weird but seriously. Google is no help usually. I lucked out this time though and had a polish with the color in the name! (:

nails, nail ar,t nail polish, splatter nails, splatter, omd2, hey darling polish,

So, these nails started with 2 coats of Mint Cream. I then dipped drinking straws into my bottle of My Vampire Is Buff and blew quickly into the straw to get the splatter. These was followed by the black. This is by far one of the messiest things I have ever done and it was hard! I think I got nail polish on everything within a 5 mile radius of my desk...

nails, nail ar,t nail polish, splatter nails, splatter, omd2, hey darling polish,

My splatter-y nails aren't really all that splatter-y but I like the effect. I'm not sure this is something that I'll attempt again soon but splatter nails can be crossed off my to-do list!

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song for today:
Mansions - 7 Years

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:





9 comments:

  1. Nice splatter nails! I've only tried splatter nails one and it was so messy but the results in the end were cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And yeah, I got polish on everything! But I do like the end results, I'll probably end up doing this again haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the splatter effect looks here! Haven't seen this challenge before, but will definitely try my hand at the day two challenge tomorrow (not a speck of mint in my nail polish collection, unfortunately!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie LovestruckLacquerJuly 2, 2014 at 12:47 AM

    I love your splatter nails they remind me of abstract art! I still haven't tried this technique yet I'm scared of the mess... on my table and flooded cuticles haha but maybe one day I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! And yay! Make sure to check out the reference page on one of the hosts' blogs to learn how to possibly win some prizes! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And yeah, black was not a good idea for a first try haha. I had to wait till my shower the following day to scrub the black off my cuticles /: Definitely give it a go though! Just maybe not with black :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done splatter nails once, almost a year ago I think. Very messy, but I do love the look of it, yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete