Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Feathers

Hello lovelies!

Hopefully everyone's week is off to a nice start! I get tomorrow off from work so I'd say mine is off to a decent start (:

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, feathers, peacock feathers, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

I feel like I've tried a lot of different things while doing this challenge, which is why I love them. And is no exception since this is my first attempt at feather nails!



nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, feathers, peacock feathers, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

Here's what I used:

You know how I've been a *bit* obsessed with destash sales lately? Well these nails feature another polish that I picked up from a sale. I found Lucky 13 Lacquer's Bikini Bottom recently and knew that I *needed* it. It made such a lovely base for these nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, feathers, peacock feathers, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

Today's nails were inspired by these feather nails that I found on Pinterest, I can't find the original artist /: But I started with 2 coats of Bikini Bottom. Using a striper brush, I painted on the black lines for the base of the feather and then I went back in with Tilda and Hilary to add more color. I finished the design by using a dotting tool to add the little circle part of the feather.

nails, nail art, nail polish, indie polish, feathers, peacock feathers, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deux

My nails don't really look like the inspiration photo and I think my feathers are upside down, but they're not bad for a first try. I really like the colors used for this!

Here's the challenge graphic:

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







6 comments:

  1. Considering these were your first try at feathers, I think they turned out amazing well! I just love the colors you used for them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I keep thinking these feathers belong to an Archaeopteryx... don't ask me why, they look at me funny! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love wearing these! I adore them, especially your color scheme :-)

    ReplyDelete