Sunday, July 6, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Patriotic

Ello lovelies!

Now, I'm sure you're all sick of seeing 4th of July nails. I know I am. But I might have one more to show you because today's FingerFood Theme Buffet prompt is Patriotic and I happen to live in the US. Yep. MURICA.

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, red, white, blue, 4th of july, patriotic, america, chevrons, stars, hey darling polish, theme buffet

MURICA nails part 2!



nails, nail art, nail polish, red, white, blue, 4th of july, patriotic, america, chevrons, stars, hey darling polish, theme buffet

Here's what I used:

Okay, so I have this really weird thing where I don't like certain color combos because I associate them with other things and I can never look at the colors together without thinking of said thing. It's not that I don't like the things I associate with the colors but I hate that my brain makes the connection between said thing and the colors. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. For example, I don't like red and green together because it reminds me of Christmas. But this is one of those color combos that I do not like. It reminds me of the American flag, which it's supposed to, but ugh. I don't even know. And I'm going to end this rant....

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, white, blue, 4th of july, patriotic, america, chevrons, stars, hey darling polish, theme buffet

These nails were inspired by this little banner that I found on Pinterest. My base was 2 coats of Great Love which dried quickly! I then used my chevron Nail Vinyls and White On to create the stripes. The stars were free handed on with Natty and then dotted with more White On! These actually didn't take that long to do!

nails, nail art, nail polish, red, white, blue, 4th of july, patriotic, america, chevrons, stars, hey darling polish, theme buffet

These definitely remind me of America and they're definitely patriotic. Only 2 days late but I'll remember these for next year's 4th of July manicure!

I'm making the challenge graphic this time around so I'll update this post with the graphic when I make it so you guys can see the upcoming themes!

Here's another song for today:
Sleeper Agent - Force A Smile

Thanks for reading guys! 

-Marisa! (:










4 comments:

  1. These are cute! I like the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stars are so good!! I could never freehand stars like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you! I'm sure you could though, it just takes practice!! (:

    ReplyDelete