Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Funky French

Hello lovelies!

I caught up with replying to everyone's comments from the past couple of days! I feel bad when I don't have time to respond but I always read them. Now, I just need to get caught up on blog reading....all like 300+ posts....whoops....

Anyhoo, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, gradient, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux,

Today, we're supposed to post our funky french tip nails! Even though I've never actually done a real french tip manicure....soooo.....I don't know where I was going with that....



nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, gradient, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux,

Here's what I used:

This color combination is different from the brighter colors that I normally wear but I like these 3 polishes together a lot! You Don't Know Jacques is another older polish that I found randomly at my job.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, gradient, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux,

These nails started with 2 coats of You Don't Know Jacques which is a really nice brown polish! The formula was easy to work with, most of my other brown polishes have thicker formulas. But I then used a makeup sponge to add the Gingerbread glitter gradient and using the distressed brushstroke technique, I added Wait N' Sea over the glitter. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, gradient, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux,

I don't know if these really count as "french tips" but I'm going with it because I really liked wearing these! These were the nails that I did while laying down in bed the other night, it was interesting to read your guys' thoughts on the topic haha.

Here's the challenge graphic:

And a song for today:
Purity Ring - Fineshrine

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the glittery tips with the pop of blue to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna put on... my my my my my funky tips... with a little glittah...

    What I'm tryin' to say is that this look makes me wanna sing. :) Werk it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue added, at first glance I thought you added two glitters (I blame my old tired eyes). And brown is underrated... *has some brown in store for tomorrow's post*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I love it! Your comments are always my favorites. Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brown is really underrated! But I might be taking off some brown polish to put some more on....I'm on a brown polish kick right now!

    ReplyDelete