Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Fashion Inspired

Hello lovelies!

I don't have anything exciting to say for an into today...I mean I only have 1 post for you all today. That's different! I've been double posting almost everyday this month and I've gotten used to it. Now I find it weird to only have 1 post for you guys.....Hey, look, an intro! (:

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, french tips, red, black, white, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deus, fashion, polka dots,

These nails are probably the closet to a classic french tip manicure that you will see on this blog....ever....




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, french tips, red, black, white, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deus, fashion, polka dots,

Here's what I used:

I'm trying out a new topcoat and it smudged my design...even though it was completely my fault since I didn't let the red dry enough....meh. 

It's actually a really nice topcoat though! My aunt bought me the Julep Freedom Polymer Top Coat and I've been it using over the manicures that I wear to work. It dries slower than my quick drying top coat but I like that I get fewer chips and breaks while at work!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, french tips, red, black, white, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deus, fashion, polka dots,

My fashion inspired nails were based off of this skirt, which is amazing but I would never wear it haha. I started the nails with 2 coats of White On, and then used a large dotting tool and Black Out for the polka dots. After that had dried for a bit, I used tape to mark off the tips and added the red polish. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, french tips, red, black, white, hey darling polish, oh mon dieu part deus, fashion, polka dots,

I did like these nails and I wore them to work where I got a lot of compliments on them! I never realized that men actually noticed nail art because it seems that a lot of the compliments about my nails are from guys lately haha, weird. Maybe? I don't know. I'm a bit meh about these, I think they're just not something I would normally wear. 


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:












4 comments:

  1. Your polka dots look perfect and the red tips on the bottom added a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo at Polished LiteracyJuly 30, 2014 at 1:05 PM

    Love these! I agree with you on the men liking nail art front: I can count on one hand the number of times a guy has commented on a pretty neon or glitter, whereas putting a single dot on it makes them flock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I had it happen 2 days in a row! I was like what! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete