Thursday, July 31, 2014

Oh Mon Dieu 2 - Signature Style

Hello lovelies!

It's the final day of the OMD2 challenge and I can't believe that this month is over! I really liked this challenge and I'm sad to see it end, hopefully there will be an OMD3 next year! (:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, glitter, indie polish, green, teal, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux, hey darling polish

Today's nails are supposed to be inspired by our "signature style!"




nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, glitter, indie polish, green, teal, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

I don't really think I have a "signature style" but I knew that I wanted bright, glitter-y nails and the colors are inspired by my current hair colors! The polishes I picked aren't completely color accurate, the green in my hair is like highlighter green and the teal is a bit darker. But I mean I really need to re-color my hair so these nails might just be the motivation I need to actually do it haha!

nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, glitter, indie polish, green, teal, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux, hey darling polish

Like pretty much all of my watermarble designs, I started these nails with 2 coats of White On. I dripped the polishes into the water, alternating the colors, and then drew my design in. (Check out My Simple Little Pleasures for some awesome watermarble videos). I then attempted to sponge on a glitter gradient but I messed it up and just applied the glitter to my whole nail. Everything was sealed in with HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, watermarble, glitter, indie polish, green, teal, glitter gradient, oh mon dieu part deux, hey darling polish

I loved these nails so much! You all know my thoughts on watermarbles, I really like the 2 color design, and don't even get me started on the glitter. Do you see those circle glitters?! Amazing! This was definitely a great way to end the challenge (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










4 comments: