Monday, October 13, 2014

Nvr Enuff Polish: Spice World Nail Art

Hello lovelies!

I have the next two days off from school. Woo! I've already gotten started on building back up my vault of manicures after the 31DC and have something ready for pretty much every day this week minus one post! I'm excited to see how much I can do in the next two days. But for today, I'm back with some nail art that I did with the polishes I reviewed yesterday from Nvr Enuff Polish's Spice World Collection!

So, onto the nails!





posh, purple, bubble nail art, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Normally I organize these posts to match how I posted the swatches the day before but I decided today that I would post in the order of my favorite nail art look because well, I don't know! This first look is done with Posh and the bubble nail art technique.

posh, purple, bubble nail art, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

These nails started with two coats of Posh and a layer of HK Girl. Then using watered down, acrylic paint I dabbed on some dots and soaked the paint up with a q-tip after a little bit. Chalkboard Nails has a really great video on how to do that in this post! I then sealed everything in with another layer of HK Girl. I don't think I really accomplished what the technique is really supposed to look like but I thought this end result was kind of cool looking!

posh, purple, bubble nail art, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Next up is the nail art done with Scary!

blue, gold, scary, flakies, studs, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Yeah, you might have noticed that the nail art is done right over yesterday's swatch...but hey, that's how I normally get these posts with five to six nail art looks done. I wanted to play up the metal colors in the flakies but also keep it simple because the original polish is so pretty!

blue, gold, scary, flakies, studs, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

This look started with two coats of Zoya's Ryan which was then followed by a layer of Scary. I then applied a layer of HK Girl and pushed the studs down into it before it dried. The funky looking french tip was down using a striping brush and OPI's Love.Angel.Music.Baby. This was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl. I think in the future, I'd try a different gold polish but I've been too obsessed with L.A.M.B that I couldn't help but use it. Other than that, I think this is an okay look!

blue, gold, scary, flakies, studs, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Next up is Sporty!

sporty, teal, holo, triangles, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Me and triangles, man. I think I need to put myself on a triangle nail art ban because it's constantly the first idea that pops into my head....or maybe I should do a whole week of triangle nail art.....oh man, that might end up happening sometime soon haha! Anyways, this design was inspired by this pattern, unfortunately I don't know who the original creator is but I respect you triangle painting person! 

sporty, teal, holo, triangles, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

These nails started with two coats of Sporty and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my striping brush and black acrylic paint, I freehanded on the triangles. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl. This look was pretty simple to paint and didn't take me long at all! Which is good because I really liked it and I already want to recreate this haha (:

sporty, teal, holo, triangles, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Next up is the look I did with Ginger!

red, ginger, black, studs, classy, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

I don't know what is going on with me but the colors that I don't normally wear are turning out to be my favorites for nail art. I mean look at how amazing Ginger looks paired with black polish and some studs! Kirby from The Mercurial Magpie's recent post of her red KBshimmer polish with black chevrons totally influenced these color choices because well, come one, her original look is amazing!

red, ginger, black, studs, classy, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

I started these nails with two coats of Ginger and a layer of HK Girl. Then using some chevron Nail Vinyls, I marked off the tips and "ruffian" shape. Using Sally Hansen's Black Out, I filled in one side of the vinyls and then placed the studs in the wet polish. I didn't wear these for long or else I would have added more topcoat to place the studs into but instead, I just added another layer of HK Girl over them. I'm a big fan of this look!

red, ginger, black, studs, classy, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

And last up is Baby!

baby, pink, zig zags, polka dots, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

Funny how the polish that I didn't think I would use much turned out to be a part of my favorite nail art look! This design was inspired by this pattern by Schatzi Brown. I love that I keep finding new designers to look at because she has some really cool work!

baby, pink, zig zags, polka dots, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

This look started with two coats of Baby and a layer of HK Girl. I then used placed the zig zag Nail Vinyls. Using OPI's My Vampire Is Buff and China Glaze's Wait N'Sea, I placed some blobs over the vinyls and used a dotting tool to swirl the color arounds. I peeled the vinyls off, cleaned up the lines, and added the dots on with Sally Hansen's Black Out. These were finished with another layer of HK Girl. I love this look! All the colors are so much fun and I love how they look together!

baby, pink, zig zags, polka dots, nails, nail art, nail polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, nvr enuff polish, hey darling polish

I hope that you guys enjoyed all of these nail art looks. If you're interested in purchase info or in just seeing swatches of the polishes from Nvr Enuff Polish you can check out my review from yesterday! Here are some of their media links:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:














23 comments:

  1. What fun and pretty nail art here! Love the second one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you did with Posh is amazing! They're like abstract bubbles, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swatches, and I love how you incorporated them into nail art. I think Scary is probably my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great looks! I'd like to see a week of triangles, myself.
    I really love that bubble look, I must put it on my list of next art to try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bubble look, it looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The one you did with Scary reminds me of a skyline. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!! That polish is really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww yay! Another triangle fan, woo! (: Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The red one reminds me of Jean-Luc Picard's officer uniform...
    I really like the watercolour blobs on Posh as well, and your triangles... because... triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like them all! The last one looks like an Easter mani!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These all look so great! I really need to try out the bubble technique! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 14, 2014 at 10:55 AM

    Great nail art! I think the triangle one is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great nail art! I really love the black and red one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh, I had to google that first reference but cool! Thank you haha (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's really easy! Sometimes it's a bit weird but the results always look cool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete