Monday, October 27, 2014

Distressed Brights

Hello lovelies!

Hopefully you guys all had a great weekend! I spent most of mine sick in bed but I did get a chance to hang out with some friends. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding this upcoming May and we picked out our dresses! I'd be lying if I said I haven't already started thinking of some nail art to match it haha.

Anyways, onto today's nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, distressed nail art, rhinestones, hey darling polish

Bright nails are more fun to think about than wedding appropriate ones, so that's what I have for you guys!




nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, distressed nail art, rhinestones, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

I don't always have the patience (or the time, let's be real here) to paint detailed nails like I normally prefer to and I think the distressed nail art technique is perfect for times like this! For example,  I accidentally fell asleep one night at midnight before I did any of my homework and didn't wake up till 6am. I never leave the house with bare nails but I needed something that I could do quickly while doing homework by my first class at 9:30am, so that's how these nails were born! I think I did these in like 10-15 minutes, including drying time, and I finished all my work :D

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, distressed nail art, rhinestones, hey darling polish

These nails started with two coats of Charmisa, which is a neon? has neon pigment in it? either way, it dries super quickly. I then just took each brush from the other colors and wiped off most of the polish and then ran that over my nails. The rhinestones were added with a little dab of topcoat and everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, purple, distressed nail art, rhinestones, hey darling polish

I loved these nails so much! Sometimes simple nail art and some bright colors is all that you need. What's your quick, go-to nail art for when you're short on time? Let me know below!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:

24 comments:

  1. I love distressed nails so much and these are adorable! Those colors looks awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more about the quickness of the distressed look. I love the way these turned out. They look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're good enough if you are already thinking of a nail art for May! Knowing myself I'd probably choose something the day before the wedding :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so fantastic, the colors go so well together! For me if I need something quick I skip the nail art and go with a zoya pixie dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mani is fantastic! I love a good quick mani - I tend to go for glitter bombs if I need something on my nails quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 27, 2014 at 6:40 PM

    these are gorgeous and I love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! I like quick and easy, usually I reach for a suede and speed-dry TC that sucker haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love the distressed look. It has become one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Long time ago since I made distressed nails! These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you feel better soon and a wedding!! What fun!!! I can't wait to see what you do with your nails as I'm sure you'll post them!! I love distressed nails and you reminded me that I don't do them enough!!! Great look and I love the addition of the rhinestone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love distressed nails! Easy, quick, and you can do no wrong! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh the colors go well together and I like the overall look of this mani! Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice colour combi, turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally forgot how quick they are! It's such a great technique for when you're in a rush!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I thought about them for like a day and then I forgot! I normally take things day by day, so I probably won't remember about them until the night before the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I wish I liked textured polishes for that reason haha! They sound like they dry to a point where you can still do things in a decent time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go make some! I felt the same way so that's why I did them haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Of course I'll post them and thank you!!

    ReplyDelete