Thursday, October 9, 2014

Ipsy Review: September - Street Style

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with another post for you guys! It's about time that I got my September Ipsy bag review up for you all.

So, onto the bag!






We'll start the review off with this Mitchell And Peach Luxury Hand Cream. This is a nice lotion, it's a little thin but I found that it doesn't leave your hands greasy. I was honestly a bit meh about this mainly because I'm really bad at remembering to put lotion on, but this has probably gotten the most use out of last month's bag because it fits in my backpack. The scent is a little funky but I like having it!


Next up is this Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss by Cailyn in the color Basic Instinct. This product I was more excited to tried but for me it kind of fell flat. This is really easy to apply and it didn't make my lips dry. But I'm not a fan of the color on me since I like darker lip colors and I'm not a huge fan of glosses. When I wear lip colors they're normally lip stains or matte colors so I don't find myself reaching for this too often. I'd be interested in trying out some different colors of this though! 


Next up is Be A Bombshell's Smooth Criminal Powder. This is a finishing powder that you can wear alone or over foundation to set it. I was actually really happy to get this because I just ran out of my Cover FX Setting Powder and I don't have $30 to spend on another one at the moment so this was perfect! I do think that this is a little too powdery? The powder goes everywhere when you open it and I can sometimes feel the product coming off on my fingers if I touch my face within an hour or so of putting it on. But, I've been using this under and over my foundation for a bit and I've had no breakouts using it! I might repurchase this in the future.



Next up is Avon's Big & Daring Volume Mascara! This is another product that I've been using a lot lately, so much that I haven't touched my normal mascara. I think that this mascara is a little wetter than I'm used to and I normally end up getting this on my eyelid but it makes your lashes look so awesome that I don't even care! It's also a little difficult to remove but I find that it doesn't flake or run too badly during the day. I would probably buy this!


And last up is Pacifica's Red Red Wine nail polish! Here are some swatches:


This was obviously my favorite of the bag because well you know, it's nail polish haha! My swatches are two coats of Red Red Wine with a layer of HK Girl. The formula on this was easy to use but be careful not to get this on your cuticles because it can stain. I wouldn't ever buy this color for myself but I like having this for Fall nail art and I'm really impressed by the fact that this polish doesn't smell that badly. I definitely want to check this brand out more!


I thought this was a decent bag! I've been using 4 out of 5 of the products pretty regularly and the actual bag is really cool looking. My goal is to actually get October's bag up in October haha. I'm hoping that you guys are liking reading these posts! If you're interested in signing up for Ipsy, I have a referral link that you can use: here.

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










1 comment: