Monday, October 20, 2014

80's Zig Zags

Hello lovelies!

Blah, it's Monday. Anyone sad that the weekend is over? I could use another day to catch up on sleep. At least today's nail art is really fun and will hopefully brighten the day!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, 80's, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, old,

I mentioned last week that I've been on an 60's-80's pattern kick lately and here's some more!



nails, nail art, nail polish, 80's, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, old,

Here's what I used:

Not only did I get to paint a cool pattern on my nails for today but I got to use another one of my new Zoyas! Zoya is quickly becoming my favorite mainstream brand and my desk is currently covered in them because they make great bases for nail art. The pattern on my nails is my recreation of this design, which unfortunately is a dead pin so I don't know the original designer.

nails, nail art, nail polish, 80's, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, old,

These nails started with two coats of Zoya's Ryan. The little bit of shimmer that you see, was added using a make-up sponge and Zuza. Then using my detail brush and white acrylic paint, I painted on the little zig zags. I also used my detail brush to add the dots. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, 80's, 80s, pattern, hey darling polish, old,

I thought these nails were super fun and I loved wearing them! This was another one that I was able to do on my right hand. I'm slowly getting better at doing nail art with my non-dominant hand! What do you guys think of these nails? Would you wear this design?

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:



28 comments:

  1. Fun zig zag nails! I like the colorful dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the zig zags and how you incorporated Zuza!! That is a lemming of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, I'd totally wear it!! For some reason the color combo makes me think of Pac Man, I'm not sure why lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE a good 80s mani! This is fantastic, and it totally reminds me of Saved By the Bell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mani is so funny! I love how you used Zuza in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sure did brighten up my day! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY CRAP! These are so freaking cool! Also...love Zuza and I love what you did with it here! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so cute! They make me think of Saved by the Bell for some reason. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These doodles are very cute! I love how you always create cute nail art that's easy to recreate :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Marisa! So happy I found your blog, you have lovely nails!! Pretty mani you made!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not joking, I think that my sister had a sweatshirt like this back in the late 80s. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun design! I would totally wear those nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. THis is a super fun mani! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM

    totally adorable! love the 80s and this look rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I can totally see Pac Man too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! And thank for that comment! I always fear that most of the nail art that I do could potentially turn people away because it can be really difficult but that made me smile (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait, seriously?! I would totally wear that sweatshirt haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you!! I bet it would great on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun pattern! And yes, I would wear that design, not your nails, that is just... no.

    ReplyDelete