Saturday, October 25, 2014

HPB Oct. Halloween Mani Link-Up

Hello lovelies!

I don't normally post on Saturdays but one of the Facebook groups I'm in, the Hobby Polish Bloggers,  decided that we do a Halloween post link-up! The group is made up of so many awesome bloggers and people that I decided I had to do a post too. If you are looking for a new group to join, I highly recommend this one because everyone is so nice and super helpful if you have a question about anything nail polish or blogging related. It's definitely my favorite group for nail polish!

So, let's get onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, Halloween, pumpkins, Hey Darling Polish, hobby polish bloggers,

Pastel Halloween nails? I dig it!




nails, nail art, nail polish, Halloween, pumpkins, Hey Darling Polish, hobby polish bloggers,

Here's what I used:

I've only posted five Halloween looks this year but I was getting a little bored with the designs. Until I found this really cool pattern, which just links to Society6 and not the original artist....lame, and decided to put it on my nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, Halloween, pumpkins, Hey Darling Polish, hobby polish bloggers,

I started these nails with two coats of Genevieve and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my detail brush and the acrylic paint, I added on the basic shapes of each object. I then went through and added the detailing in with the grey paint. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, Halloween, pumpkins, Hey Darling Polish, hobby polish bloggers,

I'm really happy with how these turned out! My detail brush is getting a little rough but I think these still turned out alright. Make sure you check in the inlinkz below to see all the other designs that people did!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:






34 comments:

  1. This is creative! It almost looks like colored chalk on a chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dalai Lama's NailsOctober 25, 2014 at 6:56 PM

    this is so cute - I love the print you created

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour pastel Halloween nail art is defiantly unique, Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great! Like BeautyJudy said, they look like a drawing on chalkboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute print! Great job recreating it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so unique! I love the print and your recreation so spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really cute! I love halloween manis that are still adorable, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute for a halloween mani, haha! It's the sweet part of halloween, cupcakes and candies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely adorable! I love that they aren't your usual Halloween colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Nail Smith (Millie)October 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM

    Yay, non-stereotypical Halloween colors! Looks like great minds think alike ;-) lol Great freehand work, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never would have thought to use pastels for Halloween nail art, but this is really cool! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very Halloween and the pastel makes it also cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's cute! I like how they don't look like Halloween nails from a distance, it's different

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! What a cool twist to use pastels for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are cute! They kinda remind me of a chalkboard or those gel pens (am I dating myself here?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha yes they do!! Thank you so much! (:

    ReplyDelete
  17. I remember those!! Oh man, I miss those things! haha (:

    ReplyDelete