Sunday, May 25, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Nature

Ello!

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is enjoying their Sunday! 

Lets get to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, nature, leaf, theme buffet, hey darling polish

I filed my nails down so I have "shortish" nails! I keep debating going down to nubs but always settle on this length when they get too long. I can deal with this length since they don't get caught on things.

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, nature, leaf, theme buffet, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

So, do you all think that I only own 1 red polish? Because I'm pretty sure that this is like the only red polish that I ever end up using for any art. Sucks too because the bottle is starting to get thick and goopy on me /:

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, nature, leaf, theme buffet, hey darling polish

For my nature nails, I decided to try and replicate a Red Dogwood Leaf. More specifically, this leaf (here). I like how the close up of the leaf looks like a pattern and you all know how much I love my patterns. (;

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, nature, leaf, theme buffet, hey darling polish

These nails started with my red base followed by the water spotting technique used with my white polish to form the small "veins." I then freehanded on the yellow and white stems. I don't know how much these actually look like the leaf or how "nature-y" they are, but I think these are alright. Not something I would probably do again but it was a try. 

Here are the upcoming themes:

And a song:
CHVRCHES - Lies

Thanks for reading guys! And if you could, possibly take the time to leave some kind words for Sam. I'm still behind on reading blogs and just saw her post about taking a break. We all get burnt out sometimes and having supportive friends is always helpful!

-Marisa! (:






4 comments:

  1. I have that same polish! I use it more then any other red in my collection. It is great for nail art, but yeah, the lower it gets, the worse the formula gets :/ I love how each leaf has it's own texture and natural pattern in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bottle isn't even halfway gone and it's gotten goopy! I probably should add some thinner to it. And thank you!! (:

      Delete
  2. A great representation of the actual leaf.

    ReplyDelete