Wednesday, May 21, 2014

N.A.I.L Linkup: May - Emerald

Hello darlings!

This is my 300th post! Wow haha. Where has the time gone? I honestly didn't expect myself to be posting nearly as much as I do when I first started this blog. And I really wasn't expecting to hit 300 posts within my 1st year of doing this. Geez haha!

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, emerald, gold, green, tape, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup

The design of these remind me of like a wrestler's mask or something and I have absolutely no idea why. I don't know why my head makes random and odd ball connections 95% of time but we're just going to go with it!

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, emerald, gold, green, tape, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup

Here's what I used:

I'm not actually sure if this green is really an "emerald" green but it was the closet that I could find in my stash so I went for it!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, emerald, gold, green, tape, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup

These nails were actually inspired by a pair of shoes (here)! I know you're probably shocked that it wasn't another pattern! But I started with 2 coats of ELF's Pot Of Gold followed by a coat of Sinful Colors This Is It! I don't like the tone of the gold from the ELF polish and This Is It! is too sheer to reach full opacity, but I found layering them gave me the right look! Once that was dry, I placed my tape and applied the green polish!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, emerald, gold, green, tape, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup

I don't really know how I feel about the green and gold combo here. I think this design is nice but black polish would probably look better with the gold. It probably wouldn't look so mask-like to me either haha.

Here are the remaining themes for May:

And another song:
Hello, Astronaut - Colors

Thanks for reading guys! I'll be back soon to respond and comment back! 

-Marisa! (: