Sunday, May 4, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Week 18 - Oriental

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with a nail art post for you all today. It's so nice not having to worry about massive amounts of homework over the weekend! I honestly slept so much on Friday and Saturday that it's almost disgusting but I'm ready to get back to blogging full force so let's do this!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, blue, neutral, oriental, pattern, free hand, theme buffet, hey darling polish, acrylic paint

See, I told you that there would be plenty of snazzy nails this week! (;

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, blue, neutral, oriental, pattern, free hand, theme buffet, hey darling polish, acrylic paint

Here's what I used:

For my oriental nails I wanted to do something a bit different! So I went to Pinterest and found a bunch of oriental like patterns and decided to recreate those. You can find the pattern for my index and pinky fingers - here, and the pattern for my middle and ring fingers - here.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, blue, neutral, oriental, pattern, free hand, theme buffet, hey darling polish, acrylic paint

The middle two nails are pretty similar to a design that I did back during the 33DC  from last year. Those can be found - here. I have to say that I think I've improved from then! (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, white, blue, neutral, oriental, pattern, free hand, theme buffet, hey darling polish, acrylic paint

I'm incredibly happy with how these nails came out and I really love the pattern on my index and pinky fingers. This was a good post to start off the week with!

Here are some of the upcoming challenge themes:

And another song for today:
CHVRCHES - GUN

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







9 comments:

  1. great designs! I love how you did the patterns it sure is very oriental looking reminds me of a pattern you would see on a kimono or scarf like the one the karate kid worn in the film lol well done good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you've not gone with the traditional red and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you came up with. the designs and colors you used remind me so much of traditional indigo dying in Japan <3 I think this whole manicure turned out beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete