Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nail Art Ideas Linkup: May - Travel

Ello!

Oh hey, look a 2nd post! I decided to join another challenge because to be honest, I've been really bored since school ended.....weird, I know. I mean don't get me wrong, I love watching Criminal Minds all day but I need to do something else while I watch it or else I'll fall asleep haha. So, I'm joining in on the N.A.I.L. linkups by Eeeek! Nail Polish!, Craftynail, and Brijit's Digits! I don't know how long I'll stick with this but it's only 1 post a week and the themes seem really fun!

And that got rant-y and long super quick....soooo, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, grey, red, blue, yellow, green, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup, subway, free hand

Funny that my final project for my illustration class was to create a map and the only thing that I could think of for a travel themed manicure was subways maps....meh haha

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, grey, red, blue, yellow, green, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup, subway, free hand

Here's what I used:

Regardless of weird cross overs from school, I like these nails! I think the colored lines are fun since you can follow them across my nails.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, grey, red, blue, yellow, green, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup, subway, free hand

These nails started with a light grey base followed by some darker grey sponged on with saran wrap. I then top coated that and waited for it to dry. That was followed by the colored lines which were painted on with a nail art brush and white polish was dotted onto the intersections to represent the subway stops!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, grey, red, blue, yellow, green, hey darling polish, nail art ideas linkup, subway, free hand

I'm actually pretty happy with these nails and I'm excited to continue on with this link-up. Hope you guys like these posts!

Here are the upcoming themes:

And another song for today:
Krewella - Human

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







8 comments: