Thursday, May 22, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursdays: Bling

Hello lovlies!

I'm back from my camping trip! Which I know some of you didn't know about since I was trying to get the re-direct from blogspot to my custom domain to work but it didn't? So, yeah, it looked like the blog died for like 4 days.....but all of the posts are up so you can go check them out now! (;

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, silver, rhinestones, sparkly, gold, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

I actually had polishes to use for this week's theme! Woo!

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, silver, rhinestones, sparkly, gold, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

Here's what I used:

Both of the polishes that I used today are over a year old! I don't even remember when I bought Silver Dollar but I've been using it a lot since I started blogging so, "good purchase self!" Gingerbread was bought at the start of my polish obsession. I really need to add more Color Clubs to my collection, I think I have 6?

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, silver, rhinestones, sparkly, gold, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

These nails all started off with 2 coats of Revlon's Silver Dollar. I then topped each nail with a coat of Gingerbread. But on my middle and ring finger, I placed the individual rhinestones. I tried to not put similar colors or sizes close together. I think I did pretty decent for this being my first time trying this! I just wish I hadn't of put top coat over the rhinestone nails.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, silver, rhinestones, sparkly, gold, hey darling polish, golden oldie thursdays

I've been wanting to try out the rhinestone covered nails for so long and this was the perfect excuse to do it. I think I first saw this over at Fairly Charming? I don't remember but Missy from Gnarly Gnails and Polish All The Nails are fantastic at sticking things to their nails too! I would definitely do this again!

Here are the remaining themes:

 And a song for today:
Marina And The Diamonds - Seventeen

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:













4 comments:

  1. Those are a lot of rhinestones! I do like Gingerbread... which is odd because it is a gold...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I know, I'm iffy about gold too but I like it too (:

      Delete
  2. These are just FAAABBBUUULOUS! Can't wait to see you try this look again with different combos of colors.

    ReplyDelete