Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Never Ending Pile Challenge: Polish Trend That Died Before You Wore It

Ello!

How is everyone's week going so far? It's so hot here where I live that it's disgusting! I really don't like hot weather and I keep telling my mom that I'm moving to Alaska haha (:

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, crackle, distressed, the never ending pile challenge, tgpnpc, hey darling polish, copper

Yep. Crackle polish.

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, crackle, distressed, the never ending pile challenge, tgpnpc, hey darling polish, copper

Here's what I used:

I used to love crackle polishes when they first came out. I think they came out before I even started really getting into nail polish but for me it was just a trend and my obsession died out. I think this is what happens a lot with all the different "trend-y" polishes that come out though.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, crackle, distressed, the never ending pile challenge, tgpnpc, hey darling polish, copper

These nails started with 1 coat of Pahlish's This Song Is Ending (Doctor Who!!) and then I used the distressed brush technique to add some different colors. When that dried, I taped off the diagonals and added my crackle. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, crackle, distressed, the never ending pile challenge, tgpnpc, hey darling polish, copper

Who Cares? isn't an untried polish but I haven't blogged about it and I haven't used it in a really long time. Unfortunately, the polish is almost unusable. It's super goopy and there's like chunks of dried polish in it. I don't like crackle polish anymore but these nails are alright to me. I love the colors together and the design is simple!

Here are some of the upcoming themes:

And a song:
The Academy Is... - About A Girl

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:









4 comments:

  1. Great mani! I love the combo of the distressed look and crackle. I bought so much crackle when it was popular this last time, but somehow didn't get this one (or any others from this collection).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I own 4 crackles? They don't age well and are all goopy /:

      Delete
  2. I love this! It looks exactly like upscale office decor. Very clever. ;)

    ReplyDelete