Thursday, May 8, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursdays: Neon

Ello!

I'm officially done with all my schoolwork for this semester! Yee, I'm so happy. Now I get to do nothing but paint my nails/pack....which I should probably start doing....meh. I'm not going home till Sunday, it can wait (:

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, neon, distressed nails, hey darling polish, studs, water spotted, golden oldie thursdays, orange, blue

I'm making up for my snowflake nails from yesterday with these fun neon nails! Yeah, we'll go with that (:

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, neon, distressed nails, hey darling polish, studs, water spotted, golden oldie thursdays, orange, blue

Here's what I used:

Can we just all take a minute to acknowledge how creatively Kleancolor and American Apparel named their neon polishes? Ehh, all the neon polishes are over a year old though.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, neon, distressed nails, hey darling polish, studs, water spotted, golden oldie thursdays, orange, blue

Anyways, these nails started off with 2 coats of my white polish followed by the 2 oranges layered on using the distressed brush technique. I then water spotted with the blue polish! I wish the nails had come out a bit more consistent, I like the middle 2, but I like these nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, neon, distressed nails, hey darling polish, studs, water spotted, golden oldie thursdays, orange, blue

I normally really hate orange and blue paired together since those were my high school's colors but I like it here. The fact that the blue is a bit more on the teal side definitely helps. These are fun and are perfect for a twist on a summer manicure!

Here are the upcoming prompts:

And a song for today:
Eisley - The Valley

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








8 comments:

  1. These are so fun and super cute! From the thumbnail preview I thought they were going to be floral, so it's almost like a neon Rorschach test on your nails =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. The neon looks great with the distressed look! Lucky you being done for the semester! :)

    ReplyDelete