Sunday, January 5, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Week 1 - Animal Print

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with a 2nd post! I really need to start writing these posts ahead of time and by that I mean not at 6:15am the day the post needs to go up...It's cool. Whoops. What is sleep? Anyways today starts the FingerFood Theme Buffet! 

Here are my Week 1 nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, sea slug, slug, hey darling polish, animal print,

Can you guess what animal this is? (:

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, sea slug, slug, hey darling polish, animal print,

Here's what I used:

The animal I chose was a Sea Slug! More specifically this one! I couldn't decide an animal print to paint, last time I had an animal print prompt I painted a deer (here). I've never actually painted a leopard, zebra, or tiger print manicure. But I was inspired by Chalkboard Nails' sea slug post that she did (here). She was definitely on to something with this find, who knew sea slugs could be so pretty! (:

nails, nail art, nail polish, sea slug, slug, hey darling polish, animal print,

nails, nail art, nail polish, sea slug, slug, hey darling polish, animal print,

I personally loved how funky looking these nails were and I want to revisit this design with different colors. The neon freaked my camera out a bit and I smudged my middle finger but I'm happy with these nails! (:

Here are the upcoming themes:

Today's song take 2:
States - Timebomb

Thanks for reading and check out the ladies below!

-Marisa! (:






18 comments:

  1. Omg, love these so much! They are definitely going on my "Things to Try" list. Sea slug genius!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've been debating doing like a week of sea slug nails haha! (:

      Delete
  2. I remember Chalkboard Nails slug mani, loved that one! Yours is great too! I was pondering sea creatures for the FingerFood's theme week, but I went with something different (coming online tomorrow though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I can't wait to see what you did! I'm sure it's awesome (:

      Delete
  3. I love that neon nail polish! And that nail art of course;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! A great color combination and an unusual source of inspiration :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I flippin' love these! This is such a cool print, you could do endless color combinations with it. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gahh, thank you so much haha!! I keep trying to paint my nails but this is the only print that keeps popping into my head haha!

      Delete
  6. great mani love these colours! cool choice of pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool and more original than the usual animal prints, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These kick serious butt. Those colours paired with the cool form of the pattern look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this - both the design and the colour combination are so original and effective!

    ReplyDelete