Monday, January 27, 2014

Lacquer Legion: Reinvention

Hello lovelies!

I'm back again with a 2nd post! What! Why?! Have you heard of the Lacquer Legion? Well, if you haven't it's a monthly nail art challenge put together by Chalkboard Nails, The Nailasaurus, Rebecca Likes Nails, and Work / Play / Polish (4 of my favorites!)! Anyways, this month's theme is Reinvention!

Onto some nails that are considerably easier to do than my easier post! Whew haha!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, white, black, hey darling polish, crackle, water spotted

I decided to "reinvent" how I use crackle polish!

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, white, black, hey darling polish, crackle, water spotted

Here's what I used:

These nails started off with Cult Nails' Blackout and then I used 2 blues and a black polish to do a watercolor base. I then took my crackle polish and used it like I was doing the water spotted technique! I dropped it into some water, sprayed it with my hair heat protectant spray (I found this works better than hairspray), and then I dipped my fingers in! The polish ended up crackling once on the nail which I wasn't expecting.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, white, black, hey darling polish, crackle, water spotted

I originally had no idea what to do for this challenge but I think this is a fun way to use crackle polish! I don't like the way crackle polish normally looks but I think it looks grungey and fun when used like this. I can see myself pulling out all my old crackle polishes again!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, white, black, hey darling polish, crackle, water spotted

I hope you've enjoyed this post too! I need to go to bed now so that I can survive my classes today! Ugh! Make sure to check out everyone else's Reinvention nails! The hashtag is #LLreinvention!

Source: The Lacquer Legion
Love this graphic, by the way!

Another song for today!
Cady Groves - One In The Same

Thanks for reading (again)!

-Marisa! (:






11 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! And it's quite easy to do as well, definitely a plus :) I love how the design came out on your ring finger, that's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great interpretation of this theme! I love the colour combination and it is such a good idea to use the water spotted technique but with crackle nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I was so happy when I came up with the idea (:

      Delete
  3. I want to pull out my crackle now. That looks SO COOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha doooooo ittttt! Send me a picture if you try it out! I'd love to see it :D

      Delete
  4. It really looks like marble, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoah that is so cool and looks amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never would have guessed that was crackle polish....that is so clever!

    ReplyDelete