Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tri-Polish Challenge Tuesdays: Acetone Art


Ello lovelies!!

I hope your Monday didn't treat you to poorly, mine was pretty decent. I bought tickets yesterday to see Paramore and Fall Out Boy in concert together for this summer!! I'm so excited, it's been almost 4 years since I've seen Paramore live!! :D

Anyways, onto the nails!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, orange, yellow, pattern, acetone, hey darling polish, tri polish challenge

Remember that this month's Tri Polish Challenge colors are red, orange, and yellow!

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, orange, yellow, pattern, acetone, hey darling polish, tri polish challenge

Here's what I used:

These nails were inspired by this pattern that I found on Pinterest! That link leads to Ashley Goldberg's Flickr which is filled with some awesome patterns, definitely check her out! 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, orange, yellow, pattern, acetone, hey darling polish, tri polish challenge

To do these nails, I painted my base and let it dry. I then painted some yellow stripes on with the bottle brush and took a fan brush dipped in acetone to fan out the color. My yellow sections probably could have been a little thinner but oh well. The dots were done with a q-tip soaked in acetone, I like that they kind of look like flowers! I might have to try that one of these days!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, red, orange, yellow, pattern, acetone, hey darling polish, tri polish challenge

These were really quick to paint and I love the effect! I'm not a huge fan of the colors together, the yellow get a little murky. But I like the effect you get when you mix acetone and polish together, it's fun to experiment!

Today's song:
The Blow - True Affection

That wraps up today's post! I hope you enjoyed reading and check out the ladies below!

-Marisa! (:









2 comments:

  1. Very nice. You chose wonderful colours so effect is lovely. A little bit like nimbus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yeah, it was like the nimbus technique!

      Delete