Friday, January 3, 2014

Indie Fridays! Cascade Polish - Howl + Glitz-N-Stein

Hello darlings!

Today's post is another Indie Friday! I showed you my collection of Live Life Polished polishes (here, here, and here) so now I decided we're moving on to the brand Cascade Polish! The only polishes I own from this brand are from her past Halloween collection but all of these are still available so it's totally okay to be showing Halloween polishes a week after Christmas! (: Hehehehe

And I've got 2 polishes for you all today! So let's get into it!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, purple, diamonds, howl

This first polish is called Howl!

More after the jump:



nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, purple, diamonds, howl

What you see here is 1 coat of Howl  over 2 coats of Pure Ice's Jail Bait. Howl has a slightly purple base and is filled with purple diamonds, small black and holo glitters, and there even is a blue micro-shimmer. Some of my photos caught the blue shimmer more than others. 

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, purple, diamonds, howl

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, purple, diamonds, howl

I really liked this polish! It was super easy to apply and I didn't really have to move the diamonds around, they all laid flat and were smooth with 1 coat of KBShimmer's Clearly On Top! I did place the bottle upside down for a few minutes before I started polishing. The small black glitters versus the shiny glitters is interesting too! Next time I would probably layer this over a lighter purple to see the diamonds more.

Next up, is Glitz-N-Stein!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, green, glitz-n-stein, shards

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, green, glitz-n-stein, shards

My pictures show 3 coats on Glitz-N-Stein on its own, it was opaque in real life but there's a bit of VNL in the photos. This polish has black shards and small, silver, hex glitters (that blue glitter isn't actually blue, it's just the light reflecting). Again, I placed this bottle upside before I started polishing but to me, that isn't a big deal. This was super easy to work with and each layer dried fairly quickly, which surprised me actually!

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, green, glitz-n-stein, shards


For me I'm a bit on the fence about this polish. I love how easy it was to apply and it wore pretty well. But to me the finish is a little frosty for my liking, I'm not a huge fan of shimmer polishes. I would definitely still wear this though.

nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, hey darling polish, cascade polish, halloween, green, glitz-n-stein, shards


These polishes are actually the only Halloween themed polishes that I have in my collection but I think you could wear these year round. I mean, I wore both of these last week so.... This collection is still available! So if you want to stock up on some Halloween polishes early check these out! They're on sale: 5 polishes for $19! I'll post the rest of the collection next week.  I know she has been a little MIA but her shop is still open. It might be smart to shoot her an email before you order. 

Here are some of Cascade Polishes links:

Today's song:
Tancred - Black Cat

Thanks for reading and have a lovely weekend!

-Marisa! (: