Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekly Recap 12/29 - 1/5

Hello lovelies!

I feel like I haven't posted in forever....but it's only been a day haha. Here's this week's recap!



Woo! Look at all those nails! This week was pretty dominated by glitter and I'm not complaining haha! I feel like this week was a bit of a low point for me and the blog. I had accidentally messed up my camera settings so I wasn't happy with my photos and I wasn't feeling all that inspired. I started showcasing a different indie brand, Cascade Polish, which is fun! But luckily, I've already gotten myself out of my rut and I'm super excited to show you everything I did this week!

I feel like for me the only way to keep pushing myself to do nail designs that I like is to keep pushing myself with challenges and making myself post. Normally for me, once I start slacking on something there is almost no chance of me going back to it anymore. So I've been painting my nails non-stop and I actually have decided to take part in 3 challenges this month! I'll be continuing my features (Music Monday, Skittles Wednesdays, and Indie Fridays) too!

The 1st challenge/collaboration is FingerFood's Theme Buffet! I'll be posting these posts on Sundays, which means double posts again. Here are the themes from that:

The 2nd challenge is the Tri-Polish Challenge! This challenge has gone through a re-vamp and now posts every Tuesday! I'm excited to continue on with this one!

And finally, the 3rd challenge is the Golden Oldie Thursday Polish Challenge! This challenge uses old polishes that you might have forgotten about! I haven't been blogging that long and most of my stash has been bought since I started the blog (I've bought almost 200 polishes since starting it -_-) but I do still own some older polishes, so I'm going to play along! Here are the prompts!

And holy cow, I wrote a bunch. Sorry guys! Haha but I hope you're looking forward to seeing what's coming up on Hey, Darling Polish! And if you're taking part in any of these challenges, I can't wait to see what you post!

Here is today's song!
The Morning Of - Shine

I'll be back later today with my animal print nails for the Theme Buffet!

-Marisa! (: