Thursday, January 16, 2014

Golden Oldie Thursdays: Stripes

Hello lovelies!

Happy Thursday! Today is my last day of work before I leave for school and I'm so happy :D Gah haha! Anyways, the Golden Oldie Thursday challenge is back today so let's get into it!

Nail time!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, stripes, revlon, julep, golden oldie thursdays, hey darling polish

Look at all those stripes! Woo!

More after the jump:


nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, stripes, revlon, julep, golden oldie thursdays, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

For this design I recreated something that I've done on the blog before (this Tri-Polish Challenge manicure) because I really loved the final outcome! I just changed the orientation of the stripes. Whoops haha. I did these by painting my base color, freehanding some vertical stripes, letting that dry, and then using striping tape marked off the horizontal lines!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, stripes, revlon, julep, golden oldie thursdays, hey darling polish

Also, I have square nails again! I had a few breaks last week and decided that I was over having round nails, honestly I never really liked them to begin with....so I sacrificed some length to go back to square/squoval. I ended up repainting these last night because I wasn't happy with how they photographed the first time (I'm super happy with these photos not my poor clean up though!). I'm pretty far ahead on all manicures though so you'll be seeing round nails for a bit longer.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, stripes, revlon, julep, golden oldie thursdays, hey darling polish

I've had these Revlon polishes for a while now, I used to buy Revlon like it was my job haha! But now I always pass over them, I don't know why. I have this weird connection in my head that Revlon equals old? Which makes no sense. It might be the bottle shape or the fact that the bottles at my job are all separated and dusty looking /: I like both of these colors though!

Here are more prompts for the challenge:

Today's song:
States - Right Or Not

Thanks for reading and don't forgot to check out the designs below!

-Marisa! (:




12 comments:

  1. They look awesome. Love the Julep and revlon showing underneath the blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love Fashionista! And I love what you did with the stripes even underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours of this mani! I have the same issue with Revlon polishes. The classic bottle looks old fashioned and the colours they bring out aren't really fashion-forward, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm glad someone feels the same, I'm not crazy haha. I was looking at some today (I bought 1), but all the ones that I thought were cremes actually had shimmer. I was a little sad because I just wanted a creme for nail art /:

      Delete
  4. I love what you did! Those stripes are really amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very funny syour manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of stripes over stripes, and the colors you used are gorgeous!
    I feel the exact same way about Revlon! But it's always on sale at my drug store so I just gave up and accepted feeling old :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And yeah, I caved and bought one the other day too! It's a super pretty purple with a nice shimmer to it, it'll be on the blog soon! (:

      Delete