Friday, January 31, 2014

Indie Fridays! Sick Lacquers - Sand Art + Totally 80's

Hello lovelies!

This week is finally over!! I have a weekend full of homework ahead of me (part of that is to watch movies! :D the rest of it sucks though D: ), but the break from classes will be good. I already pulled my first all-nighter of the semester on Wednesday night! Ugh haha! 

Anyways, I'm back with Indie Friday and that I'm featuring now is Sick Lacquers!

Onto the polish!
green, yellow, blue, sand art, micro glitter, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

This first polish is called Sand Art!

More after the jump:



green, yellow, blue, sand art, micro glitter, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

What I'm showing you here is 1 coat of Sand Art over 2 coats Pure Ice's Bikini. This polish has a green tinted base with yellow, green, and blue micro glitter. I'm going to mention now that my bottles of these are over a year old and they are minis. But with some swirls in the bottle with a orange stick, I got a lot of the glitter on my nail and it spread really well! I could have probably built this to full opacity on its own but I like it layered over the light blue.

green, yellow, blue, sand art, micro glitter, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

green, yellow, blue, sand art, micro glitter, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

I think this is similar to that Floam polish that was popular back a while ago? That was before my nail polish days so I'm not sure (I looked at swatches and the colors are way different). I like how bright this polish is! It made me smile wearing it in all of this crappy winter weather!

This next polish is Totally 80's, 
totally 80's, neon, white, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

totally 80's, neon, white, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

This is 2 coat of Totally 80's over 2 coats of Sinful Colors Snow Me White. This polish has a slightly peach-y base with blue, green, purple, and yellow matte hex glitters, along with orange bar glitters. This polish has always had this colored base, so it's not due to my bottle being old. This polish was a little harder to work with but I think that's due to the fact that mine is old and almost gone. I would guess that it'd take 3 coats to reach full opacity on it's own, if you had a newer bottle.

totally 80's, neon, white, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

I really wish that this polish just had a white base, I think it would have made the glitters pop a little more and it wouldn't seem like the bar glitters were bleeding into the base. I'm also kind of unsure on how I feel about the bar glitters, I did have to move them around a little so that they wouldn't hang off my nail but they don't curl at all. 

totally 80's, neon, white, nails, nail polish, indie, indie polish, sick lacquers, glitter, matter glitter, hey darling polish,

Overall, these polishes are nice. I'm not blown over by either of them really but I would probably wear Sand Art as an accent nail sometime! I think Totally 80's would have been a winner if the base would just been white. I think I have a hard time pulling off polishes with yellow-y or orangey bases, who knows though. Maybe you'd love it, to each their own!

BUT, I was excited for this post because I've noticed that Sick Lacquers had been a bit mia lately but she just posted this week that she's going to be back to making polishes! She said that she had a bit of a rough patch, it happens to us all, so I would love it if you guys checked out her shop or showed her some love! Here are some of her links:


Today's song:
Lydia - I Woke Up Near The Sea

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (: