Sunday, January 19, 2014

FingerFood Theme Buffet: Week 3 - Weather

Hello darlings!

I'm back again today! I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday! I'm spending mine unpacking and getting my life back in order (aka cleaning my room, I have a weird urge to clean the apartment too....we'll see about that one though haha). Anyways, FingerFood's Theme Buffet is back today!

Woo, nails!

nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, lightening, weather, fingerfood theme buffet, blue nails, hey darling polish

Lightening nails! Kind of!

More after the jump:


nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, lightening, weather, fingerfood theme buffet, blue nails, hey darling polish

Here's what I used:

So, I've always wanted to paint lightening nails and I figured this was my chance to go for it! I used this photo as a reference. When I painted these nails I was super excited about them but now going back and editing them, I'm a bit meh. My lines on my ring finger and pinky got a bit thick, and the ring finger lightening reminds me of a dancing person haha!

nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, lightening, weather, fingerfood theme buffet, blue nails, hey darling polish

I do really love the base of these nails though! I used the watercolor technique but I think I used a sponge dipped in acetone to spread the color? I honestly don't remember D: It reminds me of a painting with the matte finish!

Here's the dancing man in all his glory haha
nails, nail polish, nail art, polish, lightening, weather, fingerfood theme buffet, blue nails, hey darling polish

I also lined the lightening with a glow-in-the-dark top coat but I didn't get a decent photo of that. Photographing g-i-t-d polishes is hard, man! Whew!

Anyways, here are more themes!

And another song for today!

Zedd feat. Hayley Williams - Stay The Night (Acoustic)
(I've posted this song before but it's 50 billion times better acoustic<3)

Thanks for reading and remember to check out the ladies below!

-Marisa! (:







6 comments:

  1. *giggles* Dancing man, he's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think they look fab....glow in the dark or no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although it didn't turn out like you wanted, I still like it. Plus the dancing man makes me giggle! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! Dancing man seems to be a big hit! :D

      Delete