Friday, January 17, 2014

Indie Fridays! Glossome Polish - Girly Things + I Want It

Hello darlings!

It's Friday! I hope you're all gearing up for an awesome weekend, I'm excited since I get to move back to Albany tomorrow. I should probably start packing.....whoops. This break flew by! Anyways, I'm back with some more indie polish spam today! The brand that I'll be featuring now is Glossome Polish!

Onto the nails!
glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, purple, girly things,

Today's first polish is called Girly Things

More after the jump:



glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, purple, girly things,

What I'm showing you all here is 1 coat of Girly Things over 2 coats of China Glaze's Secret Peri-Wink-Le. Now, I've owned all of these polishes for over a year and the 2 glitter toppers that I'm showing today were incredibly thick. I don't know if it's because they've been sitting, I added some thinner and they were more manageable. But I still had to dab the glitter on to try and avoid big clumps.

glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, purple, girly things,

Anyways, Girly Things is filled with purple, blue, green, and pink, hex glitters in various sizes in a slightly pink tinted base. Some of these are matte glitters and the greens are translucent. I think this glitter is fun because of how bright it is! A bit tough to work with but I like it! Also, note that the bubbling is from my top coat /: Sorry about that!

glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, purple, girly things,

The next polish is I Want It! I'm just going to apologize now for the change in the photos. I swatched these at different times. The top photos were done while I was experimenting with camera settings, the below photos are what I've been currently using.
glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, i want it, black

glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, i want it, black

I Want It is similar to Girly Things in that it is a neon glitter topper. The base on this was also slightly tinted pink and has pink and green, hex glitters. Originally I thought that this had orange glitters but it was actually just the green overlapping the pink ones, which I think is kind of fun! This is 1 coat over Cult Nails Blackout!

glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, i want it, black

This polish was also really thick and even after putting some thinner in, I still had to dab the glitter on. You can see in the photos that this wasn't completely smooth since I only used 1 coat of top coat. I would probably recommend doing 1 coat of Gelous over top then a fast drying top coat (I'm currently using HK Girl!). I love the contrast of the bright glitters against the dark base!

glossome polish, indie, indie polish, indie nail polish, swatch, hey darling polish, i want it, black

Now, would I recommend these polishes to you? Possibly. I personally find them too thick and I'm not a fan of how much dabbing is involved to get even coverage (Remember, my bottles are older). I also am not a fan of the color pink....but that's personal. But if you like matte, neon glitter and can put up with the dabbing I would say these are for you!

Here are some macros that I took of the bottles if you're interested in looking at them, I think they're pretty!
 

Unfortunately, I don't think you can buy these polishes. Sorry!  She posted on her Instagram (4 months ago) that she wasn't making polish anymore because of her health. Which I didn't realize when I originally wrote this, now I feel bad....I'll include her links anyways, maybe she'll start making polishes again. Which I hope she does because I'm excited to show you guys the rest of my collection from her!

Here are some links:

Today's song:
The Ting Tings - Keep Your Head



Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:




2 comments: