Monday, January 13, 2014

Music Monday: This Town Needs Guns' Self-Titled

Hello lovelies!

It's Monday and it's my last week at home! I'm excited to go back to school but I'm not all that excited for homework again! Anyways, I'm super excited about today's Music Monday post so that's get into it!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail polish, nail art, this town needs guns, hey darling polish, dots, music monday

I'm seriously so happy with these nails, imperfections and all :D

More after the jump:


nails, nail polish, nail art, this town needs guns, hey darling polish, dots, music monday

Here's the album art:
Source: Amazon

Here's what I used:

I decided to just replicate the middle and not paint the frame around the design because I don't think it would translate well. I think what makes me happiest about these nails is that I actually sat down and thought about how I was going to make it work. Like I didn't have the background colors so I layered polish to get closer to the artwork.

nails, nail polish, nail art, this town needs guns, hey darling polish, dots, music monday

This Town Needs Guns (or TTNG) is a band that I don't listen to enough, I used to listen to them a bunch but then just stopped for like no reason. They're different from anything else I listen to but I find their sound super refreshing compared to some of the heavier stuff I listen to.

nails, nail polish, nail art, this town needs guns, hey darling polish, dots, music monday

I think this is my 2nd attempt at painting a scene across my nails and I think this is an improvement from the last time. These were relatively easy to do too, just some dots and patience with a striping brush!

Today's song:
This Town Needs Guns - 26 Is Dancier Than 4

Thanks for reading everyone and I hope you enjoyed these nails!

-Marisa! (:






12 comments:

  1. These are awesome, they look just like the cover art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job! I love the base, those colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look beautiful, very inspired! I love how the wire post things (I don't know what to call them haha) aren't standing straight up, they're kinda crazily slanting everywhere, both in the album art and on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with this mani well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't bellieve I missed this one earlier in the week - its awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete