Monday, January 20, 2014

Music Monday: White Picket Fence's Clocks And Calendars

Hello darlings!

Today is the last Monday that I get to enjoy off before classes start, luckily I have nothing planned so I can just relax and hopefully go to bed at a decent time....even though it's 4:30am as I write this....whoops. Not sure how I'm going to survive having classes at 9:30am D:

Anyways, Music Monday nails! Woo!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, gold, music monday, white picket fence, clocks and calendars, hey darling polish

I don't think I've ever had black and gold nails before, I'm loving this combination though!

More after the jump:



nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, gold, music monday, white picket fence, clocks and calendars, hey darling polish

Here's the album art (this was the only image I could find, sorry):

Source: MTV


Here's what I used:

Now that I look at the album cover, it's more brown than black...whoops. This is another manicure where I'm in love with the base! All I did was paint my nails black and then used a sponge dipped in acetone to sponge the grey on! I broke down bits of the clock parts onto each nail. I think my favorite is my ring finger!

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, gold, music monday, white picket fence, clocks and calendars, hey darling polish

White Picket Fence was a local band from my hometown in Syracuse, I just found out they broke up /: I really liked them, I only saw them live once but they were super sweet! They signed my copy of this cd, which I should have photographed instead of that little image.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polish, black, gold, music monday, white picket fence, clocks and calendars, hey darling polish

Overall, I do like these nails. Parts of it seem a bit weird to me, I don't know if I would wear this out. But I really like the drip effect on my pinky with the gold against the black! I might have to keep that combination in mind! I also need to find a proper gold polish, one that is opaque and doesn't need undies! Any suggestions?

Here's today songs:
White Picket Fence - How To Build Character
This isn't the bands actual video, but they were so small that I couldn't find them on youtube so enjoy the random video I found with on of their songs!

Thanks for reading!

-Marisa! (:




4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! The sponged grey/black base and the black/gold combination are stunning :) I love the idea of basing nail art on album artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! And you should try it, it's actually really fun! :D

      Delete
  2. Love the black/grey base, and you copied that funky looking key perfectly! Good job!

    ReplyDelete