Tuesday, December 23, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Distressed Stripes

Hello lovelies!

Quick post today because I honestly forgot how tired work makes me. Standing for 7 hours wearing ballet flats kills your feet. I'm also really good at running into things while working and I already have a bunch of bruises....It's a tough life being clumsy.

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, stripes, distressed, grey, hey darling polish, teal, 52 week challenge,

Can you guys believe that those stripes were freehanded? Because I can't! Man when I started this blog, I had no idea what a striping brush even was or how to use one. I've giving myself a pat on the back for this one!




nails, nail art, nail polish, stripes, distressed, grey, hey darling polish, teal, 52 week challenge,

Here's what I used:


The themes for this week's 52 Week Challenge are grey and distressed. I knew that I had to use Zoya's Yuna because it's my favorite grey polish right now. For the distressed part, I wanted to try something different than the dry brushstroke technique, so I tried out these distressed stripes and I love them!

nails, nail art, nail polish, stripes, distressed, grey, hey darling polish, teal, 52 week challenge,

These nails started with two coats of Yuna and a layer of HK Girl. I then used my striping brush and acrylic paint to add on the stripes. When they dried, I used my clean up brush dipped in acetone to go back and scrub away at the stripes. I tried using water but it took too much effort to get the look I was going for (I'm lazy, I know. Ugh.). Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, stripes, distressed, grey, hey darling polish, teal, 52 week challenge,

I really, really, really like these nails, and I was so upset that I couldn't wear them for longer. These were pretty easy to do and I think it could be a fun technique to play around with. I'll definitely have to try some different things out soon!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










4 comments: