Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Dots - #3

Hello lovelies!

I'm back with a second post. This time for The Nail Challenge Collaborative!

Let's get right to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, brown, black, white, pattern, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative,

Brown nail polish is so weird. I'm still on the fence on whether or not I like it. It's such an odd color and yet I think I ended up wearing these nails for three days.




nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, brown, black, white, pattern, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative,

Here's what I used:


Believe it or not, there actually are dots under those white patterns. My base polish is a little too dark so you can't see the black, but I was trying to recreate this pattern by Abbey Withington. I don't keep track of all of my nail polish but I'd guess that more than half of my collection is made up of indies, and I feel like they get neglected because sometimes they're hard to work into nail art. That's why I decided to break out the Cult Nails for these nails, even if it messed with the design.

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, brown, black, white, pattern, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative,

Anyways, these nails started with two coats of Swanbourne, which I've never actually shared on the blog before.....see what I mean about neglected....I know I've had this polish for close to a year. Lame. I then went in with my black and white acrylic paint to add on the larger dots. When those had dried, I went back in and added the details on the dots. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, brown, black, white, pattern, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative,

Regardless of poor color choices. I loved these nails! This design was fairly easy to paint on my right hand which is always a plus. Honestly, I figured that I would be super bored with this month's dot theme, but I'm actually really liking the designs that I've been able to do! (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











9 comments: