Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Nail Art Guild: Holiday Songs

Hello lovelies!

Can you believe that Christmas is in 5 days? That's so crazy to me considering that I haven't even been home from school for a week, and I've only bought one Christmas present so far....so yeah! I wait to the last minute every year and you'd think I'd learn by now but uh, nope....

Anyways, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, christmas, christmas nail art, hippo, hippopotamus, the nail art guild, free hand

Brownie points to whoever can guess what Christmas song these nails are inspired by!




nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, christmas, christmas nail art, hippo, hippopotamus, the nail art guild, free hand

Here's what I used:


Anybody guess right? If not, the song is "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" by Gayla Peevey! Today's theme for The Nail Art Guild is Holiday songs and I had absolutely no idea what to do until this song randomly popped into my head. I also remembered that Jacki over at Adventures In Acetone has done a tutorial for hippo nail art so I used that for my inspiration!

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, christmas, christmas nail art, hippo, hippopotamus, the nail art guild, free hand

These nails started with three coats of Let It Go and a layer of HK Girl. Then using my larger detail brush I outlined the shapes of the hippo and filled the shape in with the brush from the polish bottle. I went back in and added the face details. The last detail was the little Christmas hats on each hippo. Everything was sealed with a later of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, christmas, christmas nail art, hippo, hippopotamus, the nail art guild, free hand

These are holiday nails that I can deal with. Probably because the hippos are so cute! Mine don't look exactly like Jacki's but I still really like how they look. What do you think? Do you want a hippopotamus for Christmas now? (:


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








7 comments: