Wednesday, December 17, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Glittery Zig-Zags

Hello lovelies!

I missed a day again, blah. I'm back home for Winter break now, but I have my little nail desk all set-up so more nail art is coming your way! 

Let's get to today's nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, zig zags, purple, blue, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, zoya, pipe dream polish, indie polish, 52 week challenge

Told you guys that I was a little burnt out on Christmas colors haha.




nails, nail art, nail polish, zig zags, purple, blue, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, zoya, pipe dream polish, indie polish, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:


The themes for this week's 52 Week Challenge post were glitter toppers and crinkly tape. I have the glitter topper down but I have no idea what crinkly tape is....so I used some zig zag Nail Vinyls instead! Works for me haha.

nails, nail art, nail polish, zig zags, purple, blue, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, zoya, pipe dream polish, indie polish, 52 week challenge

These nails started with two coats of Rocky, a layer of Sapphire Attire, and a layer of HK Girl. When my base had dried, I place the zig zags down the center of my nails. I applied Ling to one side and Charmisa to the other, and made sure to remove the vinyls while the polish was still wet. I finished these with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, zig zags, purple, blue, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge, zoya, pipe dream polish, indie polish, 52 week challenge

I've done this design in the past for the Tri-Polish Challenge and I forgot how much I like it! It's a really simple manicure to do but it always looks really cool. The glitter topper underneath, added a little extra sparkle which I think is fun. Hopefully you guys agree!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:








38 comments:

  1. Love the glitter zig zag happening in the center here. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the zig zag look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really fun design. I love the glitter peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic mani! Love the glitter peeking through :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the vertical zigzag of glitter! This is a nice refreshing pop of color in the sea of Xmas manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty, I love the mixture of glitter and creme :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the hint of sparkle when the light catches the glitter just so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! Love that subtle flash of the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the glitter peeking through the zig zags.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooh, that peeking glitter! It's the perfect addition to the zig zag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh well, these might be Christmas colours, too! Ask my mom, she has a blue tree, ask my sister-in-law, she has a purple one! And I mean, the trees and the decorations!
    Anyway, I love how the glitter peeks through!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Wow! This mani is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute combo! I like how you used the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great combo and I love the center shade to tie them together

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just beautiful! I love all of the polishes together so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's exactly what I needed haha! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's such an awesome glitter, I love it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha oh wow, I like your family rolls! I want a colored tree! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So gorgeous! Love the glitter peeking through

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this nail art creation ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete