Saturday, December 27, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Dots - #4

Hello lovelies!

I hope everyone has had a great couple of days! I had an awesome time hanging out with family and I might have gotten some new nail polish goodies to play with, maybe, who knows....and I might be sharing photos over on Instagram....

But for now, let's get to the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, pink, hey darling polish, pattern, the nail challenge collaborative

This is my final design for this month's The Nail Challenge Collaborative's dots theme!




nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, pink, hey darling polish, pattern, the nail challenge collaborative

Here's what I used:


This nail art look was inspired by this pattern by Rebecca Atwood! My nails didn't really turn out looking like her design but it's alright. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, pink, hey darling polish, pattern, the nail challenge collaborative

These nails started with two coats of Pahlish's Bad Wolf and a layer of HK Girl. I mixed some paint together to create the pink color and used my detail brush to paint the rings. When those had dried, I went back in with the black paint and brush to add in the little dots. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, polka dots, dots, pink, hey darling polish, pattern, the nail challenge collaborative

This month's dot theme was actually a lot of fun! I was worried that I would get bored, but I was able to find a way to make each dotticure look different. Some of the other ladies in the group did the most perfect, polka dot patterns and I have no idea how they do it! Dotting tools and I aren't very good friends haha....


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:











4 comments: