Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Nail Challenge Collaborative: Dots - #1

Hello lovelies!

It's finally Saturday, woo! I'm so excited for a whole day of doing nothing but painting my nails and watching Netflix. It's been too long haha!

Anywho, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, coral, pattern,

And this is probably one of my favorite manicures that I've done in a really long time!




nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, coral, pattern,

Here's what I used:


This month's theme for The Nail Challenge Collaborative is dots! Which seems like it would be easy but I really don't like doing dotticures so my goal is to stretch the definition of a "dot" as far as possible because I like being difficult. (: Today's dot nails were inspired by this pattern by Ashley Goldberg

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, coral, pattern,

These nails started with two coats of Hazard. Then using the acrylic paint and my detail brush, I painted on the oval shapes. When those had dried, I added in the little black spots just using random brush strokes. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, dots, hey darling polish, the nail challenge collaborative, coral, pattern,

I loved these nails so much! It might be because this is the first design that I've been able to sit down and paint on both hands in a really long time. Or because the colors are kinda fun and not grey like outside.... Who knows haha?


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:




12 comments:

  1. What an interesting pattern this turned out to be. I still have to start on my dot manicures for this month's theme soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great pattern recreation. I love that orange color, so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you really stretched the theme out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! They kind of remind me of a circular ikat design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of dots! Dots is one of my favourite styles because it's so versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I'm sure you'll come up with some really awesome designs!

    ReplyDelete