Monday, December 22, 2014

Dark Shimmer Florals

Hello lovelies!

Are you guys ready for another Monday? Today is my first day back to work for the break and I can't say that I'm all that excited to go back. But, I think I might have found my new favorite red lipstick yesterday and I'm stoked about that. I've been looking for the right shade of red for so long and I eventually just gave up. I kept buying more raspberry like colors but I think I finally found one I like! (EDIT: It's Maybelline's Color Sensational Red Revival!) I'm so excited (:

Anyways, it's been a while since I've gone on a tangent but onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, blue, dark, white, hey darling polish, pattern, zoya

It's the week of Christmas and I actually don't have anymore Christmas designs to show you guys. Whoops....I have one more winter-y design but that will probably be it for a while.




nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, blue, dark, white, hey darling polish, pattern, zoya

Here's what I used:


Have you guys been seeing everybody post their "best moments of the year" videos on Instagram lately? I can't figure out how to get mine to save to my phone...which is kind of sucky because normally I can figure those things out or at least google it but if anyone knows how to get it from the Gmail app for the iPhone, let me know.....Anyways, I watched mine and noticed that three of my top five designs were florals. I love floral manicures and realized that you guys like them too so I decided to paint a floral design! These nails were inspired by this pattern by Becca Stadtlander!

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, blue, dark, white, hey darling polish, pattern, zoya

These nails started with two coats of Remy and a layer of HK Girl. I then used my detail brush (reviewed here) and some white acrylic paint to add on the flowers and polka dots. When those had dried, I went back in with my striping brush and blue paint to add on the detail lines. Everything was sealed in with another layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, floral, flowers, blue, dark, white, hey darling polish, pattern, zoya

I just looked and it's been almost a full month since I posted a floral design.....it's so wrong. I am so sorry guys haha! Hopefully these make up for it and if not, we can all just appreciate how gorgeous Remy is...even if it likes to stain your cuticles and skin....it's worth it. And I think that's enough rambles for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post!

Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:







28 comments:

  1. Remy is so beautiful here! Pretty manicure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Remy! (I'm also totally saying that in my head in a French accent. And now I'm thinking of that movie Ratatouille with the rat Remy lol, he's so cute) I love your florals so definitely don't stop doing them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its pretty! Remy is gorgeous and I like how the floral design pops against the dark base.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Remy is one of my favorite blue-green polishes, and it looks perfect as the base for your beautiful floral design :) So what's the perfect red lipstick you found?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Remy is one of my favorite shades in my whole collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this and loving Remy as the base for this art. Perfect winter mani! Also what red lippie did you find that you loved??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I've never seen that movie! But thank you, I won't! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much! It probably would have been smart to put that in the post...whoops. Anyways, it's Maybelline's Red Revival from the Color Sensational line!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! It's Maybelline's Red Revival from the Color Sensational line!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowery snowflakes I would say! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same issue downloading the video! I somehow fixed it last year, I think by actually saving it to my PC and transferring the file to my phone from there instead of trying to download it directly.


    This manicure is super pretty, the base shade is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute! Simple enough for me to accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, so super elegant *_*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried that and it still won't work /: It's alright, thank you for the suggestion though! And thank you for the compliment (:

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! If you do try this, I'd love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Remy is stunning! Lovely floral design as well ;)

    ReplyDelete