Thursday, December 18, 2014

Born Pretty Store Review: Nail Art Brushes

Hello lovelies

I have another post for you guys today! This will be my last Born Pretty Store review for now and this time I've reviewing this set of nail art brushes. Now, honestly I've been having a tough time trying to figure out how to write this post so bear with me, and please let me know of any suggestions that could posts like this more beneficial for you in the future!

Okay, so onto the....brushes!

born pretty store, hey darling polish, nail art brushes, review




born pretty store, hey darling polish, nail art brushes, review

Okay, so here are my thoughts on these brushes:

1. Striping Brush - This is pretty much your standard striping brush. At first, I thought that this brush would be too long and I wouldn't be able to control my lines, but I've been able to use this to get some really thin lines!

2. (Large) Detail Brush - I don't know the exact names of the brushes so I'm just going to call them detail brushes. I can't really find much purpose for this brush other than to fill in large areas of color with acrylic paint because it's far too big for detail work. 

3. (Medium) Detail Brush - This brush to me served pretty much the same role as the larger brush. This is too big for doing small details but is great for filling in larger areas. I did think this was good for outlining larger shapes as well.

4. (Small) Detail Brush - Now, this brush I like! This brush might be still kind of big for smaller details but I found that this brush is really easy to control. A lot of my smaller nail art brushes have really short bristles, but I think if I trim some bristles off of this one it'll be great for painting little designs. 

5. Flat Brush - I've been using this as a clean-up brush. It probably could have been used for the one-stroke technique but I don't ever do that and I'm always looking for another clean-up brush. The bristles on this are fairly soft and sometimes it takes a little more effort to clean up polish but it's small enough not to take away too much polish.

Thoughts about the overall set - This is a decent set of brushes that I think would be perfect for someone who is looking for a cheaper set to get themselves started doing nail art. These brushes aren't the best out there but I wish I had these when I first started doing nail art. Some of the brushes already have stray bristles, mostly the striping brush, but it's not that hard to trim them off with some nail clippers.

Here are some of the manicures that I did using these:

Brushes used: 2 + 3 + 5
Brushes used: 1 + 4 + 5
Brushes used: 1 + 4 + 5

Brushes used: 2 + 3 + 4 + 5

Brushes used: 3 + 4 + 5

Brushes used: 2 + 3 + 4 + 5

These brushes are currently $3.87 on the Born Pretty Store site, which I think is a good price! I do have a discount code for you guys. If you use code "EBSQ10" you can get 10% off your order, so you can stock up on your nail art supplies! Also, please keep in mind that shipping can take a few weeks.


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:



4 comments:

  1. Nice review! I have some generic brushes I got off ebay myself but I hardly use them. I really should since you can get some really nice designs using brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think this is a good set to start with. You can easily cut them down if you needed too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can maybe use the brush #2 and #3 for the watercolor technique if you ever try this technique? I "think" they could be useful for that :) I love your manicures, you have a lot of imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done a watercolor manicure in so long! Thank you for the reminder, I think these brushes would be great for that. And thank you so much! (:

    ReplyDelete