Tuesday, December 2, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Glitter Camouflage

Hello lovelies!

I hope your week is off to a great start! I have another quick post for you guys since I have a ton of work to do today.

So, onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, green, glitter, camouflage, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

Glitter and camouflage? Yep, I don't know!




nails, nail art, nail polish, green, glitter, camouflage, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

Here's what I used:


This week for the 52 Week Challenge, we're doing camouflage and dark green nails! I always have to be difficult and remembered that I have a bunch of super sparkly glitter polishes from Pipe Dream Polish. So, I decided to do a dark green glitter base with blue camouflage over it!

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, glitter, camouflage, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

These nails started with three coats of Green Light. After that had dried for a while, I taped off the diagonals and put down a base of white acrylic paint. I then added the camouflage print on with the other paints and my detail brush. Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, green, glitter, camouflage, hey darling polish, 52 week challenge,

These nails definitely looked better in my head and I'm not sure how I feel about it on my nails. I love how glitter-y Green Light is though so that saves the whole look for me. I wish that Pipe Dream Polish would release polishes like it in every color imaginable because I would buy them all!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










28 comments:

  1. How interesting! I like the split between the two designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pipe dream is so sparkly! Also the design reminds me of the ocean, and globe of world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I struggled with this one. Yours look great. I am posting mine on Thursday. All I can say is that I really have to practice my camouflage techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the merging of the glitter with the camo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look gorgeous! They look camouflage, but also oceanic! I guess that's the point with blue camo anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such an original combo! Glitter and camo. I love it! And oh that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, you know how to combine unlikely companions into one succesful manicure! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I can't wait to see what you came up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha I'm glad that I have a "thing!" Thank you! (:

    ReplyDelete