Tuesday, December 30, 2014

52 Week Challenge: Purple Love

Hello lovelies!

Today's post will be quick because it's late and I have to work tomorrow. Typical, right? I really need to learn to manage my time better....uhm, anyways, nail polish!

Onto the nails!
nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, white, polka dots, watercolor, purple, 52 week challenge

I forgot how much I like using the watercolor technique for a nail art base, but I'm glad I remembered because I like these!




nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, white, polka dots, watercolor, purple, 52 week challenge

Here's what I used:


The themes for the 52 Week Challenge this week are dots and three purples. I came across this pattern by Andrea Lauren and used it as my inspiration for these nails. She has some incredible designs on her site! I'd definitely take a few minutes to look through her work if you have time. 

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, white, polka dots, watercolor, purple, 52 week challenge

These nails started with two coats of Lotus Begin. When that dried, I dabbed on some blobs of Hudson and Pinta, which I then swirled around with a brush dipped in acetone. Then using a detail brush, I free handed on the dots along with the "xo's". Everything was sealed in with a layer of HK Girl.

nails, nail art, nail polish, hey darling polish, white, polka dots, watercolor, purple, 52 week challenge

I was a little shocked with how much I liked this manicure. I don't wear polka dots often but I think I might need to start. This could be a cute Valentines Day look!


Thanks for reading guys!

-Marisa! (:










22 comments:

  1. What a fun manicure! I love how you've done the base. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I like the little xo placed in between the design too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple base you created with the water color technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the base - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, especially the hidden xo's. I think this would be super cute for valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This would be super cute for Valentine's Day! I love the little X's and O's!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dalai Lama's NailsDecember 30, 2014 at 5:55 PM

    this is adorable. Just too stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute! I agree, they would be fab for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The marbled like background is really pretty, and the design is subtle yet fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super cute Marisa! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Love the purple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I love the purple effect :)
    This manicure looks great <3

    ReplyDelete