Can you believe that 2014 is almost over? This past year is flown by and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The theme for this month's Lacquer Legion post is "reflection," so I decided to reflect on this past year by recreating the first manicure I posted in 2014.
So, let's get to the nails!
Here's what I used:
I had to change some of the polishes because I don't have my whole stash with me at the moment, but these nails are such an improvement! I love doing these flashback posts because they give you a little confidence boost haha.
I'll try and break down each nail so you guys know what I did. My index finger is three coats of Pink Anemonemone and black acrylic paint for the pattern. My middle finger and ring finger started with two coats of Wisp. I then sponged a gradient of At Vase Value and Lotus Begin on my middle finger, and followed that with a coat of Fairy Dust. I used the watercolor technique on my ring finger with At Vase Value, Lotus Begin, and Pink Anemonemone. My pinky finger is two coats of Lotus Begin and one coat of Hammer Time. Everything was sealed in with one coat of HK Girl.
Here's a photo from the original post to show the differences.
See what I mean about huge improvement! I can actually pose my hand now and get all of my nails in focus when photographing them haha. I remember last year that I wrote some New Years Eve resolutions for the blog, so I thought I'd continue the reflecting by seeing how well I met them. The original resolutions are in bold, my commentary is in my normal type settings.
- Remember to update all social media with every post. - Eh, this is still a little hit or miss. I like to think that I keep up on it but it just depends on what's going on in real life. IFTTT has definitely been a big game changer!
- Improve my freehand skills. - I'll give myself this one! I think I've done a lot of nail art in the past year that I would never have dreamed of attempting when I started this blog. There's still a lot of room for improvement but I'm content with where I'm at.
- Become more social / comment on more blogs. - This one is an "eh" too. Some days I'm really good about commenting on everything and other days I just read posts without saying anything. I'm a pretty quiet person in general and a lot of times I don't have much to say so I'm still working on this one!
- Continue taking part in challenges. - Yep, I did this one! I probably took part in too many but I don't plan on slowing down anytime soon, so you all have to put up with me (:
- Stop procrastinating. - Lol, hahahahaha, no. This is a flat out no. I can't believe I actually wrote this down.
I've been thinking of some new resolutions that I want to aim for in 2015. I don't want the blog to become totally goal orientated but I think it might be good to push myself in some areas. I'll share those with you guys on Wednesday!
Thanks for reading guys!